Technical Support Consultant
Director of Technical Services
We are looking for a task-oriented, motivated, and passionate professional with a strong customer support background, and experience in Information Technology and Cyber Security. As a Technical Support Consultant, you will develop expertise in systems configurations, script development, advanced troubleshooting of enterprise security products, and supporting a log management appliance that monitors customers’ systems. You will monitor application logs and provide support to customers who may be experiencing security threats, incidents and/or data loss. You take initiative to find ways to improve processes and develop strategies to solve support cases quickly and efficiently while keeping customer satisfaction high. The Technical Support Consultant will operate under the Director of Technical Services to assist with all INSIGHT Support and Solution Critical Care cases, from open to close.
As a Technical Support Consultant, your primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Tier 1 and 2 support for INSIGHT Appliance customers.
- Tier 1 and 2 support for Solution Critical Care customers.
- Conducting hands-on keyboard technical support installation, upgrade, configuration, troubleshooting, and optimization/tuning activities in customers’ production, test, and backup environments.
- Develop an expertise in client-facing implementation, administration, and system analysis using Symantec Data Loss Prevention (DLP), INSIGHT DLP Appliance
- Configuration Tool (IDACT) and various Symantec security tools.
- Manage and develop knowledge-based articles to support INSIGHT DLP Appliance customers and Solution Critical Care customers.
- Assess INSIGHT DLP Appliance customers’ and Solution Critical Care customers’ technical needs, issues, and requirements, and develop a comprehensive technical support plan to meet those needs.
- Build rapport with INSIGHT DLP Appliance customers and decision makers before, during, and after support engagements.
- Create and/or modify INSIGHT DLP Appliance and Solution Critical Care related documentation.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at times.
Location: Arlington, VA
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive pay and opportunity to earn an individual performance-based bonus.
- Working in a fast-growing company with opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Four (4) weeks PTO, paid holidays, health, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) benefits.
- No drama workplace that allows remote work, flexibility, and autonomy
What We’re Looking For:
Required education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, software, systems, or other equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years’ experience in IT, Tier 1, 2, or 3 help desk support.
- Experience working with Windows and Linux environments.
- Experience working with Symantec security software(s) is a plus.
Preferred education and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to explain technical issues to technical and nontechnical employees and customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with Linux operating systems.
- Proficient with virtualized environments.
- Ability to quickly learn an array of computer hardware and software.
- Ability to prioritize and manage milestones and projects efficiently.
- Time-management skills and the ability to meet deadlines for resolution.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested in working with us? Please visit our career center and apply here.