Senior Security Consultant
Director of Professional Services
You are an effective communicator with an excellent technical background in IT, IT security, and/or network engineering. You will undergo on-the-job training and will be armed with the technical knowledge to implement cutting-edge web security, data classification, encryption, loss prevention, governance, archiving/recovery, and protection solutions. You are traveling up to 50% of the time at client sites throughout the U.S. and the Caribbean. You are autonomous but fully supported by an engaged, active, caring, and supportive technical team. You will be involved in hands-on technical work, project management, and interacting with clients.
As a Senior Network Security Consultant, your primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to work in both pre-sales and post-sales capacities.
- Assessing an account’s technical needs, issues and requirements, scoping services, and developing and managing a plan to meet those needs, particularity around the web security and DLP solutions the company represents.
- Orchestrating pilot and proof-of-concept evaluations and helping provide technical assistance during the evaluation process.
- Onboarding and initiating new client services.
- Performing initial security needs assessments and services planning.
- Working with sales team to define and execute a sales strategy that creates a long-term relationship with the customer.
- Analyzing incidents, tuning and refining solution configuration, and communicating with account’s technical and operational personnel.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Up to 50%
Location: Arlington, VA
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive pay and opportunity to earn an individual performance-based bonus.
- Working in a fast-growing company with opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Four (4) weeks PTO, paid holidays, health, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) benefits.
- No drama workplace that allows remote work, flexibility, and autonomy
What We’re Looking For:
Required education and experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT, software, systems, or other equivalent experience
- 5 – 10 years of professional networking, systems, or general IT experience
- Previous experience working directly with customers as a consultant / advisor
- Ability to quickly assess and understand networking and server packages
- Experience with enterprise software management tools
- Experience installing system-wide software
- Strong understanding of networking, server administration (Windows and Linux), Active Directory, etc
- Experience with hypervisor technologies, to include VMware, Citrix, and/or KVM
- Experience at using/customizing/implementing web server technologies (e.g., Microsoft IIS, Apache).
- Experience with proxy and firewall technologies
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, VPNs (IPSEC)
- 2 or more years’ experience with the following products required:
- Broadcom’s Network and Web Security Solutions
- Content Analysis / Malware Analysis (CAS/MAA)
- Management Center
- SSL Visibility
- Web Security Service (WSS)
- Web Isolation
- Experience or willingness to learn Information Security technologies (DLP) and methodologies.
Preferred education and experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Ability to explain technical issues to technical and nontechnical employees and customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with Linux operating systems.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks or projects.
- Ability to quickly learn an array of computer hardware and software.
- Ability to prioritize and manage milestones and projects efficiently.
- Network or security certifications a plus (CISSP, Network+, Security+, Broadcom SCS in ProxySG).
- Strong interest in solving curious problems across various technology systems.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested in working with us? Please visit our career center and apply here.