Infolock, one of the area’s fastest-growing information security companies, is seeking a dynamic, eager candidate with several years of Network or Systems Admin experience looking to move into an exciting, client-facing Security Consultant role.
A Day in the Life
You are an effective communicator with an excellent technical background in IT, IT security, and/or network engineering. You will undergo three to six months of on the job training to grow into a security consultant. You will be armed with the technical knowledge to implement cutting-edge data classification, encryption, loss prevention, governance, archiving/recovery, and protection solutions. You are traveling up to 50% of the time at client sites throughout the U.S. and the Caribbean. You are autonomous but fully supported by an engaged, active, caring, and supportive technical team. You will be involved in hands-on technical work, project management, and interacting with clients.
Location: Arlington, VA
What’s In It For You:
- Challenging and rewarding opportunities
- Mentorship and learning opportunities in a small and fast-growing company
- Moving forward and up quickly
- Professional development
- Competitive pay and full benefits
What We’re Looking For:
- A Bachelor’s degree in IT, software, systems, or other equivalent experience
- 3-4 years of professional networking, systems, or general IT experience
- Strong understanding of networking, server administration (Windows and Linux), Active Directory, etc.
- Experience with hypervisor technologies, to include VMware, Citrix, and/or KVM
- Experience with enterprise software management tools
- Experience implementing and managing relational databases (specifically Oracle)
- Experience at using/customizing/implementing web server technologies (e.g., Microsoft IIS, Apache).
- Ability to quickly assess and quickly understand networking and server packages
- Experience installing system wide software
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, VPNs (IPSEC)
- Network or security certifications
- Ability to work in both pre-sales and post-sales capacities
- Assessing an account’s technical needs, issues and requirements, scoping services, and developing and managing a plan to meet those needs
- Orchestrating pilot and proof-of-concept evaluations and helping provide technical assistance during the evaluation process
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals and RFPs
- Onboarding and initiating new client services
- Performing initial security needs assessments and services planning
- Working with sales team to define and execute a sales strategy that creates a long-term relationship with the customer
- Analyzing incidents, tuning and refining solution configuration, and communicating with account’s technical and operational personnel.